- Meets rule 1.06 of the Little League official rule book.
Complete Base - 15" x 15" x 3" Each
Whether players are trying to sneak a steal in or are rounding the bags as quickly as possible, this MacGregor® Magnetic Super Base prioritizes safety. Made to disengage from the anchor when overcome by excessive sliding force, the plate reduces the risk of injury to baserunners trying to avoid tag outs. Holding strength can be adjusted thanks to three interchangeable plates that bolt to the bottom of the base pan, making it easy to customize the playing field to suit players of all ages and skill levels. As an added safety measure, the rubber base cover has a ribbed surface that keeps cleats from slipping on the bag, letting players round the bases with confidence.
- Base disengages from its anchor when hit with enough force from a slide
- Ribbed base cover reduces the risk of slipping, so players can tear around the base path without worry
- Rubber base cover and steel stanchion pan hold up to the elements and the onslaught of runners' cleats
- Three interchangeable plates allow adjustment of holding strength to adapt to players' age and skill level
- Activity: Baseball/Softball
- Brand: MacGregor®
- Grounding Type: Magnetic
- Intended League: Youth leagues
- Material: Rubber
- Material: Steel
- Product Height: 3 in.
- Product Length: 15 in.
- Product Width: 15 in.
- Quantity: 1
LITTLE LEAGUE® APPROVED.
Reduce the risk of serious injury to sliding players with this unique base designed for all ages. According to Rule 1.06 of the Little League® rule book, Beginning in 2008, it has become mandatory that all leagues utilize bases that disengage their anchor.
- Bases release when the magnetic attraction between the base and magnetic fixture are overcome by excessive force from a short slide.
- 3 different plate sizes bolt to the bottom of the base pan to adjust the holding strength of the base to the anchor.
- Base cover has a ribbed surface design to reduce the risk of slipping.