Brass Shot Put 103mm 12lbs
Lathe turned to minimum diameter allowed in competition
• Machine finished for excellent grip and calibrated to exact weight
• Unsurpassed quality
• Meets all Collegiate, International & High School Federation Specifications
Shot Selection Criteria:
Determination of the correct diameter is based on the fingers being in proper throwing position placed behind the shot. To obtain proper fitting of the shot to the ability of your athlete.
1. Finger length is critical. The shot must rest on the Pad (callus) of the palm and the fingers must be up the side of the shot. Throwers with "shorter" fingers may find that the smaller diameter shot feels better at delivery & those with longer fingers may like the feel of the larger diameter.
2. The final decision is a personal choice by the thrower and you may need 2-3 diameters to fit the whole team. From a Biomechanical point of view, the larger shots give a greater contact area & push zone.
*Brass Shot Put 12 lbs SKU# ABSHOT12
- Lathe turned to minimum diameter allowed in competition • Machine finished for excellent grip and callibrated to exact weight • Meets all Collegiate, International & High School Federation Specifications